Anime Inspirations Forum
Welcome to our updated forums! Please take a moment to register if you are not already a member.

About our Forum:

Origin of your Username/Handle ? Header-anime-inspirations-beta

Origin of your Username/Handle ? Anime-inspirations-affiliate-animated

Discussion on the most inspiring or heartfelt/emotional moments in the world of anime. Mainly, our focus is on anime of the Slice of Life or Romance genre (past and current). Anyone is welcome.

We focus on select slice of life/romance/comedy anime of the current season and discuss them. Most of these titles have very little supernatural elements as we want content that is easy to relate to/draw upon our own experiences. This was the large motivating factor for me to start my own site and forum. I wanted to share these inspiring anime moments with others, so we could borrow from these experiences and lend this wisdom and knowledge toward our real lives.

Site Features

Our Main Site (blog and video streaming): http://www.animeinspirations.com

Thanks for your interest in Anime Inspirations.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Anime Inspirations Forum
Welcome to our updated forums! Please take a moment to register if you are not already a member.

About our Forum:

Origin of your Username/Handle ? Header-anime-inspirations-beta

Origin of your Username/Handle ? Anime-inspirations-affiliate-animated

Discussion on the most inspiring or heartfelt/emotional moments in the world of anime. Mainly, our focus is on anime of the Slice of Life or Romance genre (past and current). Anyone is welcome.

We focus on select slice of life/romance/comedy anime of the current season and discuss them. Most of these titles have very little supernatural elements as we want content that is easy to relate to/draw upon our own experiences. This was the large motivating factor for me to start my own site and forum. I wanted to share these inspiring anime moments with others, so we could borrow from these experiences and lend this wisdom and knowledge toward our real lives.

Site Features

Our Main Site (blog and video streaming): http://www.animeinspirations.com

Thanks for your interest in Anime Inspirations.
Anime Inspirations Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin of your Username/Handle ?

3 posters

Go down

Origin of your Username/Handle ? Empty Origin of your Username/Handle ?

Post by Viserys Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:06 pm

I think this is nice way to get familiar with each other a little more, for those of us who have frequented here and also new members. Please tell the origin, inspiration or story regarding your username or handle that you use on these forums. You don't really have to go in depth, but stories are always nice Very Happy.

I'll start - Viserys

Let's see. Viserys is a character in one of George R.R. Martin's most famous novel series, A Song of Fire and Ice. For those who are not familiar, it is a fantasy novel (think medieval times) and each entry is pretty large, anywhere from 400 to 600 pages or more. Now that I think of it, I can't exactly remember the backstory on Viserys in George R.R. Martin's novel, but he inspired me in some way to adopt the name. First used the name or a variant of it Viseris as my GameFAQS username roughly, 7 or 8 years ago. The name somehow stuck.

Makes me want to go back and read George R.R. Martin's work, I never did purchase and read A Dance with Dragons, his fourth entry in the series. Neither did I watch the HBO series or play the game but they didn't interest me for some reason. Though I will most likely go back to the novel some time in the future.
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

http://www.animeinspirations.com/

Back to top Go down

Origin of your Username/Handle ? Empty Re: Origin of your Username/Handle ?

Post by Seira Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:28 pm

It was how I randomly picked a character from my third favorite anime. I think it was my fourth at the time but I took off my previous favorite anime and it is now my favorite manga because I like the manga a lot more. I've since changed my name on the forum I had first used it on, but I still use it for other things such as MAL (My Anime List) and sites to upload images.

Anyway, the anime is Toaru Majutsu no Index (A Certain Magical Index), and the spin-off where she (and yes I'm a guy, and the "ko" almost automatically makes it a girl's name) is a main character, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun (A Certain Scientific Railgun).
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugitani Chie Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:21 am

I said I would probably change my username, and I did today.

So, my current username is based on the character Vita, from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, one of my favorite anime series. She doesn't appear until the second season, however.

And it's also based on the characters from the PSP games (which I own neither of), Material-D, Material-L and Material-S (they have real names now but this was all they were called in the first game).
Sugitani Chie
Sugitani Chie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum