Anime Inspirations Forum
Welcome to our updated forums! Please take a moment to register if you are not already a member.

About our Forum:

What are you watching? V.1 - Page 3 Header-anime-inspirations-beta

What are you watching? V.1 - Page 3 Anime-inspirations-affiliate-animated

Discussion on the most inspiring or heartfelt/emotional moments in the world of anime. Mainly, our focus is on anime of the Slice of Life or Romance genre (past and current). Anyone is welcome.

We focus on select slice of life/romance/comedy anime of the current season and discuss them. Most of these titles have very little supernatural elements as we want content that is easy to relate to/draw upon our own experiences. This was the large motivating factor for me to start my own site and forum. I wanted to share these inspiring anime moments with others, so we could borrow from these experiences and lend this wisdom and knowledge toward our real lives.

Site Features

Our Main Site (blog and video streaming): http://www.animeinspirations.com

Thanks for your interest in Anime Inspirations.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Anime Inspirations Forum
Welcome to our updated forums! Please take a moment to register if you are not already a member.

About our Forum:

What are you watching? V.1 - Page 3 Header-anime-inspirations-beta

What are you watching? V.1 - Page 3 Anime-inspirations-affiliate-animated

Discussion on the most inspiring or heartfelt/emotional moments in the world of anime. Mainly, our focus is on anime of the Slice of Life or Romance genre (past and current). Anyone is welcome.

We focus on select slice of life/romance/comedy anime of the current season and discuss them. Most of these titles have very little supernatural elements as we want content that is easy to relate to/draw upon our own experiences. This was the large motivating factor for me to start my own site and forum. I wanted to share these inspiring anime moments with others, so we could borrow from these experiences and lend this wisdom and knowledge toward our real lives.

Site Features

Our Main Site (blog and video streaming): http://www.animeinspirations.com

Thanks for your interest in Anime Inspirations.
Anime Inspirations Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you watching? V.1

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What are you watching? V.1 - Page 3 Empty Re: What are you watching? V.1

Post by Seira Fri May 24, 2013 11:02 am

Steins;Gate, I plan to hopefully finish by the end of this weekend.

It's really good. It doesn't seem like it would be one of my favorites, but I do enjoy the protagonist being very chuuni and an adult.

Chaos;Head, this, and Robotics;Notes are somewhat related to each other. Nothing like you actually needing to watch the others to see one of them, but they apparently take place in the same world, as Nae is an adult in Robotics;Notes. The thing is, I only mentioned that because both Chaos;Head and this thing's protagonists are some sort of delusional, and I guess I'm glad they decided that to not really be the case for Robotics;Notes.

Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Mon May 27, 2013 6:45 pm

Have been watching Oreimo and Oreimo 2 (My little sister can't be this cute). Which is surprisingly better than I thought it would be.

Its nothing like those shows where the protagonist goes around romancing his sister and there is actual incest...
Spoiler:

Its more on the comedy and slice of life side where the plot mainly revolves around his tsundere sister and her obsession with eroge and anime/manga. That being said Kyousuke (male lead) does sort of branch of from being "clingy" to his sister and takes life the way he wants it in the second season.

Photo Kano..is hilariously filled with fanservice (or is it filled hilariously with fanservice). So much that it is laughable. Not quite To-Love-Ru Levels but...getting there. Not a series I would recommend in line with this site, but I admit I did check it out. Again, some people are in to those sorts of things but...the plot just goes no where.

Some time ago I did watch (or attempted to watch) the first episode of Nozoki Ana. It's just way too racy and graphic to take seriously. Borderline hentai I must add. It was just so bad, I gave up watching in the first five minutes.
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

http://www.animeinspirations.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugitani Chie Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:05 am

I'll just take this from the other thread.

Sugitani Chie wrote:I'm more interested in Railgun S (not 3 epi- well, not any episodes behind in it) even though it seems it's mostly filler right now... you know, something that kind of bothers me about Railgun S right now is there's stuff from the current arc in the manga in the second opening, but I'm pretty sure there's not enough episodes left to put that in this season. And I don't want them going in the wrong direction for the arc so I'm stuck hoping that's a hint for a third season. Another thing is if they do go in another direction (which I hope not and they wait for the manga to finish that part) it looks like it'd be from the beginning of the arc, instead of keeping everything the same until the anime original ending... that'd be quite weird.
In episode 19:

Oh and I actually mentioned every anime I started this season in the favorite anime this season thread. Only 4. Can you believe it? I can't believe it. But I hope I can watch more next season.

Maybe I'll post a thread for what I'd like to watch. I think I'll be able to start 7 or something around there.
Sugitani Chie
Sugitani Chie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugitani Chie Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:03 am

Episodes 22 & 23 of Railgub S:

That wasn't really a spoiler on those episodes but something I came to the conclusion of after watching them.
Sugitani Chie
Sugitani Chie

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:44 pm

I'll have to update what I am watching after I get home from work.. (yes on a sunday lol)

We'll anyways, I know this is late since the Summer Anime Season is almost over but here were my most watched shows for the season.

Genshiken Nidaime (kind of an odd show but...since I watched the first seasons, I just continued)
Dog and Scissors
Kimi no Iru Machi
Going Home Club / Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku
Love Lab (Highly Recommend)
Servant x Service
Silver Spoon
The World God Only Knows (I thought this would be boarderline hentai in the likes of To-Love-Ru, don't ask me why I thought that lol. It is actually quite good. Despite having some fantasy elements, its a decent romantic/shounen/comedy)
Watamote
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugitani Chie Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Viserys wrote:Love Lab (Highly Recommend) [/size]
Watamote
I see, that's highly recommended. I was going to watch it too but I didn't have the time so I decided to limit the anime currently airing that I'd watch for a while. I'm going to be starting more this coming season because stuff from previous seasons are ending. I guess I'm adding it with Hayate for when I have time to watch more.

Viserys wrote:The World God Only Knows (I thought this would be boarderline hentai in the likes of To-Love-Ru, don't ask me why I thought that lol. It is actually quite good. Despite having some fantasy elements, its a decent romantic/shounen/comedy)
At first I kind of thought it would be very ecchi as well (there's still a little bit, but no, it's not like To LOVE-Ru). TWGOK actually became one of my favorite manga (if you've heard of manga that are better than their anime adaptions, this is one of them).
Sugitani Chie
Sugitani Chie

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:08 pm

Haha...right. There is only so much time in the season for watching anime. I know those with school are always busy. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I am not attending school, and work doesn't keep me too busy (35-40 hr weeks no overtime).

I forgot to mention these titles that I watched/am watching.

Myself;Yourself (watched for the first time)
C3-Club (Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C3-bu).

Let's see, other general thoughts on the season. Yes, Love lab is hilarious. You'd never think a show about a bunch of girls sitting in a club trying to find how love works would be funny, but it is. I owe it to the greatness of the two main characters, Riko and Maki.

Maki reminds me of Ayase from Oreimo (probably more in appearance only, she is not really a tsundere) and Riko (I know its the hairstyle) reminds me of Emilia from Phantasy Star Portable 2. Really obscure I know. While there tend to be a lot of look a-likes in anime, these are the two characters that came to mind watching these two.

Also, Going Home Club started slooowww and I think the voices of the cast members grated on my ears. I thought they sounded terrible, at first. However, their voices grew on me with time, and so did the show. Mainly, I had a problem with Sakura's voice, but like I said, I came to love it. It turned quite awesome, and I admit I am laughing my head off each episode.

Spoiler:

The formula with an all-female cast tends to work well if there is decent comedy thrown in. In Love Lab's case, I'm glad there there were male supporting characters. Unfortunately in Going Home Club, its more about the female leads.
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:09 am

lol that Titan walk praody is probably the thing I enjoyed most about Attack on Titan. (talking about the Genshiken Nidaime finale)

I'm surprised at how short the "2nd season" of Pokemon BW is in Japan... I'll be caught up to the dub quick enough, now that I'm 3 episodes in, and as a whole, obviously hundreds of episodes in...
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:29 am

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun OVA:
Pretty decently put together alternate reality or something. I dunno but ah... what the heck kinda an ending was that?...
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:01 pm

I ended up getting a blind recommendation that I truly found inspiring as a sort of secret Santa thing on another site.

I got 2 anime, but Usagi Drop definitely hit me harder-

Imo, it was probably the most realistic anime I have watched yet, and was very refreshing with it's attention to detail, and attention to parenting.

I also watched Chihayafuru season 1, but I can definitely wait before watching season 2, as I wasn't unlined to do so having only asked for about 40 episodes, so all that plus Usagi Drop, would be too much. I need some more Precure in me before watching much more of anything else, and tbh, it took a bit of time to warm up to the male characters for some reason. I don't especially like how much I keep getting Tachi's name mixed up with Arata though, but that's only because I find his appearance so strikingly similar to another Arata.
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:23 pm

Right now, I am pretty much caught up on the big 5: Golden Time, Little Busters Refrain, Non Non Biyori, and White Album 2. Tesagure! now, I did attempt watching but, I haven't made it past episode 2. This is one of those titles that I don't believe is on Crunchyroll (correct me if I am wrong). A lot of the subtitles are small and hard to read  Sad Nothing against those who do work hard at bringing us subtitles, but if it is not in the standard white text with black shadow, it is hard to read (though I mainly have a problem with the small size = can't read on mobile devices). That's just my gripe, and would have caught up to the series otherwise.

To those wondering, the above four I mentioned have been everything I was hoping for. Golden Time will be extended to 24 episodes at least, but I don't know about the other shows, seems like they will be cut short? Well according to AniChart, the only extended anime from that list is Golden time. Oh man, what that means for White Album 2 and Little Busters. Definitely going to miss those series.

Besides that, Walkure Romanze has been the surprise hit of the season (at least for me). It kept me engaged enough to finish the series through to the end.
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:52 pm

Yeah, I do wish more than just Golden Time for those would have been longer. I'm actually hoping the most of anything ending around now that Non Non Biyori could get a second season, though I'm not even up to date on that.  Sad Liked some action too, having stayed caught up with Magi after those chilling Alibaba episodes (Aladdin is fun too, but not nearly as much), I'm thinking I... only just might be able to catch up with most of my stuff now that I've got a bit off a break. White Album 2 may have more material from it's game, from what I've heard, I think, so I'll certainly hope for more anime. LB actually had EX anime announced so there'll be more with that series, fortunately, but it won't air on TV, so it'll most likely be a longer wait for subs each time an episode comes up.

I do agree with Tesagure. Subs are way too small. Still having actually made my way through the 2nd and 3rd episodes that were subbed last I checked, they were decent except for that problem, and the episodes themselves were quite pleasant. I wonder if that next episode I see is any different... nope. Dang. Wait... I'm starting to wonder if the subs are that small because they're being kind of trollish with the dialogue. From what I'm actually hearing in the show, I actually know enough Japanese to think that might just be true (heard Onee-san (big sister), saw "Call me Tyrone")... but it's funny so I'll finish the episode anyway.

Now I'm sure it's trolling.
image:
A lot of it still seems to fit kinda, oddly enough.

My anime short of the season has finished and while the last episode was good, it was... disturbingly open ended for what was NOT an obvious ending at all, but an ending all the same. So... hoping there'll be more of Miss Monochrome. Only thing I've finished so far this season. Oh. There was one more episode. Now I am quite a bit more content.
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:40 pm

Alright, so...finishing up the fall 2013 season. I must say that I am surprised that White Album in particular, had an episode 13. Little Busters Refrain now....one hell of a season (still to watch episode 13).

Golden Time on break this week though, bummer.

Besides that, I am looking forward to next anime season (Winter 2014).

Edit: For now I am watching....Little Buster Refrain, Golden Time (White Album is finished) and I should go back to Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono, eventually. I know there's more I wanted to watch, but I have some titles on backlog I know.

Last edited by Viserys on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:07 pm

Viserys wrote:Besides that, I am looking forward to next anime season (Winter 2014).

The following titles I know for sure I will be watching:
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren
Silver Spoon 2nd Season
Golden Time (continues)
Nisekoi (read the manga -100 chapters in two days, it is quite good)
Seitokai Yakuindomo* I have no idea what they actually call this second season but, its a definite watch for me. In my opinion, it is the funniest anime show I have watched, period. Of course, if you don't like crude humor, there is that.
Little Busters! EX - I don't know when this comes out exactly or what it is to be honest. If its a "sequel" to Refrain, a side-story, or what. Depending on how Refrain episode 13 goes, I am sure I will be anticipating this.
Question!

I made a thread where you can discuss winter anime you are looking forward to, and you post yours in what is apparently for what you are "currently watching!", why?

I'll admit I forgot about Nisekoi that is one more thing I'll have to watch at least.

The Little Busters! EX anime I would assume is going to be adapting the routes introduced in EX and as far as I know, it may or may not need you to be familiar with Refrain but seems more like a side-story. That's as far as I can think without going out of my way to play it (don't even think that part is translated just yet anyway ^^;) sucks that you get one episode per BD and as such we are going to have to wait over a month or so for each episode, but it will most likely be very enjoyable. (while I'm talking about this, I'm hoping to finish Refrain today, but I have 2 episodes left)
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:52 pm

Seira Otoshiro wrote:
Question!

I made a thread where you can discuss winter anime you are looking forward to, and you post yours in what is apparently for what you are "currently watching!", why?

Sorry, my bad  Very Happy I suppose this was the wrong place for this, as I am not currently watching any of the unreleased 2014 anime lol.

Off-topic slightly: I know these forums are a little unorganized, but I hope to make the transition to vBulletin (eventually, its not cheap) so this is not a permanent appearance/layout. In due time.
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:18 pm

Seto no Hanayome, or My Bride is a Mermaid is something I'm checking out due to my second (and last) site that done a secret Santa anime thing (I suggested it that time, but the mods were gracious enough to take care of it all). This was supposed to be given on Christmas more like an actual present, but there were complications so they were all given now. The first three episodes had their moments but unfortunately were very bland to me, but San's voice being done by the same as Faris from Stiens;Gate is probably the one reason I absolutely don't want to give up on it just yet.
EDIT: Nope, got one more episode down, but don't think I can last any longer. Should be getting to Chihayafuru's second season soon then, better to watch what I know I'll like (but the first season got blind recommended to me too, lol).
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:03 am

About that Chiyaha... I was surprised at how fast I was able to finish the first season, but the second... I had to have broken a record for me, 25 episodes, the ova, and still some other stuff in just 2 days. The second season made the romance a bit more complicated, and although that could me why I was so hooked, it didn't really resolve anything, so I would just love a third season. The only problem I found was that in addition to the best kind of recap with some extras here and there, this season's 20th episode's still seemed to have quite a bit of recapping of just one match (though I realize it was only that long due to said match being a team match).
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:34 pm

I enjoyed Chihayafuru as well, but I only managed to watch the second season. One of these days I will get around to the first  Very Happy 

Karuta is actually pretty awesome (though understanding the rules may leave you dazed and confused trying to wrap your head around things) even though it is slightly fictionalized in anime form. Have to make the matches more exciting somehow right?

To be fair, I have not seen an actual (real live) karuta match so it may be a fairly accurate adaptation. More entertaining than I thought it would be at first glance.
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:10 pm

Viserys wrote:I enjoyed Chihayafuru as well, but I only managed to watch the second season. One of these days I will get around to the first  Very Happy 

Karuta is actually pretty awesome (though understanding the rules may leave you dazed and confused trying to wrap your head around things) even though it is slightly fictionalized in anime form. Have to make the matches more exciting somehow right?

To be fair, I have not seen an actual (real live) karuta match so it may be a fairly accurate adaptation. More entertaining than I thought it would be at first glance.
Yeah, I have not seen one either so I don't really know, and you certainly said it, I never thought karuta would be nearly as entertaining as it ended up being in the show.
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:20 am

I have finished the first season of Setokai Yakuindomo today. You could say perfect timing for the second but no, I happen to know that there are 9 OVAs. You may not at first believe me when I say this, but the anime I think of the most when comparing this to others is called Ixion Saga DT... and that is only because of the kind of humor involved. So lewd. But man, still very hilarious. Didn't make me personally laugh as hard as some others, but it is good. Somehow the perverted ones make the show but I still can't say I find them as favorable as the other half of the student council.

I have also finished Galilei Donna. So in the end, Galileo fell in love with his descendant after she went back in time. That is fiction for you. Enjoyable enough though... somehow. With all it's weirdness.

Also, Non Non Biyori. I was finally able to get to watching episode 9. All little kids are like that. I could tell she was so much more embarrassed than when her sister was. The brother is still as forgettable as ever. I mean I remembered him, but everyone in show just flat out ignored him. What luck.

Others I watched today:
Fresh Pretty Cure episode 44
Arcana Famiglia OVA
Pupipo! episode 3
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugitani Chie Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:55 am

I also watched the Arcana Famiglia OVA and I really think I shouldn't have because I still think the best parts are the songs. It wasn't even that funny either. Just another part to a boring anime with characters that just look cool. Oh well...

I have never thought I've been missing out on anything as much as I do now.

True Tears episodes 1-3
Sugitani Chie
Sugitani Chie

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:34 am

Sugitani Chie wrote:I also watched the Arcana Famiglia OVA and I really think I shouldn't have because I still think the best parts are the songs. It wasn't even that funny either. Just another part to a boring anime with characters that just look cool. Oh well...
I happen to think it was better than most of the series. I am finding that more and more I am preferring the less serious aspects of serious anime (I mean when they are serious but not even that realistic), such as with this random body switching incident. It was funny when Pace ate so much when he wasn't even himself, but I hated the subs the most out of all.

Fresh Pretty Cure! episode 45
Log Horizon episode 14
ImoCho (once again I do not know why I bother with these things, but they are sometimes funny enough) episode 1
Seitokai Yakuindomo episode 14, the first OVA
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugitani Chie Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:26 am

I agree with the preference that in a lot of serious anime, the funnier parts are more enjoyable but this just didn't seem funny to me.

I mean:

And I know this was episode was probably made to be funnier than the main part but I didn't find it funny at all. That's my opinion.
Sugitani Chie
Sugitani Chie

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:00 pm

Sugitani Chie wrote:I agree with the preference that in a lot of serious anime, the funnier parts are more enjoyable but this just didn't seem funny to me.

I mean:

And I know this was episode was probably made to be funnier than the main part but I didn't find it funny at all. That's my opinion.
You're telling me I could see it from I mile away? Why would you say that? You're a lier lol. Okay, that obviously is not what you meant. But it was obvious that he knew.
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3