Anime Inspirations Forum
Welcome to our updated forums! Please take a moment to register if you are not already a member.

About our Forum:

Fall 2013 Anime Season -Your Thoughts? Header-anime-inspirations-beta

Fall 2013 Anime Season -Your Thoughts? Anime-inspirations-affiliate-animated

Discussion on the most inspiring or heartfelt/emotional moments in the world of anime. Mainly, our focus is on anime of the Slice of Life or Romance genre (past and current). Anyone is welcome.

We focus on select slice of life/romance/comedy anime of the current season and discuss them. Most of these titles have very little supernatural elements as we want content that is easy to relate to/draw upon our own experiences. This was the large motivating factor for me to start my own site and forum. I wanted to share these inspiring anime moments with others, so we could borrow from these experiences and lend this wisdom and knowledge toward our real lives.

Site Features

Our Main Site (blog and video streaming): http://www.animeinspirations.com

Thanks for your interest in Anime Inspirations.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Anime Inspirations Forum
Welcome to our updated forums! Please take a moment to register if you are not already a member.

About our Forum:

Fall 2013 Anime Season -Your Thoughts? Header-anime-inspirations-beta

Fall 2013 Anime Season -Your Thoughts? Anime-inspirations-affiliate-animated

Discussion on the most inspiring or heartfelt/emotional moments in the world of anime. Mainly, our focus is on anime of the Slice of Life or Romance genre (past and current). Anyone is welcome.

We focus on select slice of life/romance/comedy anime of the current season and discuss them. Most of these titles have very little supernatural elements as we want content that is easy to relate to/draw upon our own experiences. This was the large motivating factor for me to start my own site and forum. I wanted to share these inspiring anime moments with others, so we could borrow from these experiences and lend this wisdom and knowledge toward our real lives.

Site Features

Our Main Site (blog and video streaming): http://www.animeinspirations.com

Thanks for your interest in Anime Inspirations.
Anime Inspirations Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall 2013 Anime Season -Your Thoughts?

3 posters

Go down

Fall 2013 Anime Season -Your Thoughts? Empty Fall 2013 Anime Season -Your Thoughts?

Post by Sugitani Chie Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:21 am

There was no Summer thread but oh well.

Here is a chart of what I think is every anime confirmed sorted by Season and anime with air date To Be Announced.

http://anichart.net/fall

I think for me

Definitely watching:

Kyousougiga
Freezing Vibration
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic 2
Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 3rd Season
Little Busters! Refrain

Maybes:

Kyoukai no Kanata
Nagi no Asukara
Yowamushi Pedal
Golden Time
BlazBlue: Alter Memory
Kill La Kill
Galilei Donna

That's more than the amount of for sures than for maybes. Hmm... that means I have to pick 2 or so to watch when the time comes and watch the rest sometime later...

Last edited by Sugitani Chie on Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sugitani Chie
Sugitani Chie

Back to top Go down

Fall 2013 Anime Season -Your Thoughts? Empty Re: Fall 2013 Anime Season -Your Thoughts?

Post by Seira Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:43 am

I kind of posted my entire thoughts in the wrong thread because there wasn't a Summer one, too. But I don't think it matters so much since it would have been halfway into the season, had one even been made.

Definitely:
Magi
LB Refrain
Phi-Brain
Aikatsu
Kyousougiga
Kyokai no Kanata
Non Non Biyori

Everything else I'm not entirely sure on, but I know I'll checking out a few more at least. @.@
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Fall 2013 Anime Season -Your Thoughts? Empty Re: Fall 2013 Anime Season -Your Thoughts?

Post by Sugitani Chie Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:22 pm

That's right. Phi Brain as well. I'll put that in mine, too. Gosh, there's so much I want to see next season. -.-

Also, I know. About this season, I mean. I figured I'd post some thoughts in other threads because there wasn't a Summer one. Also partly the reason I made this one early.

And here's something else I thought I'd mention.

Most likely to watch of the maybes:

Kyoukai no Kanata
Nagi no Asakara
Galilei Donna

For Golden Time and Kill La Kill, I'm likely to watch them sometime anyway. So, I'll leave them for a while.

As for Yowamushi Pedal & BlazBlue: Alter Memory I'll be honest, I'm probably not going to watch them but they do seem slightly interesting.

So, to narrow it down even further, I'll check out Nagi no Asakara and Galilei Donna first because they're original, then Kyoukai no Kanata because KyoAni.
Sugitani Chie
Sugitani Chie

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:35 am

When I catch up, I actually do plan on following Pokemon X and Y when it's dubbed, so I don't have to worry about ever catching up to Pokemon again.

I will be checking out Kill La Kill. More than likely a few more, at least, since to me, this season really looks a lot more interesting than last.

Ah, and just a little copy-paste since the new Battle Spirits already started:
Me from somewhere else wrote:
Saikyou Ginga Ultimate Zero: Battle Spirits - The first episode seems to lock out newcomers by not actually showing how to play the game, unlike Sword Eyes just before it. I suppose that kind of thing may have been done in YGO, but they have more comprehensive telling of effects, so it's always been kind of okay. Now, what was going through my mind is that unlike Tsurugi, this new protag does not start from the ground up. He does not start off in some small village, a beginner at Battle Spirits, when he is supposed to be a prince. Instead he is at least 3 different people and seemingly a pro at the game. Um, I'll just have to see what happens.
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:43 pm

I'll give my thoughts on the Fall 2013 anime season. It looks pretty exciting to say the least.

Nagi no Asukara- Not sure what it is about, but I will definately be checking it out.

Golden Time - The manga was pretty awesome. Interesting, mainly because the protagonists are in college rather than the usual high school setting. I like how the supporting male lead has a decent backstory, so that's a plus. One gripe I have is that some characters (mainly Koko Kaga) look different from in the manga. I suppose she is a brunette now? Oh well. Mitsuo also has blue? hair. Did not see that coming. Regardless, will definitely be checking this one out.

Little Busters Refrain - First season was quite stellar. It presented alot of "mature" themes not seen in a lot of other anime. Has alot of lighthearted moments, but  things turn serious when necessary. Not sure where the 2nd season picks up at, so we'll see how things go.

Log Horizon - Hmm. Probably not watching this but just from the description it seems similar to SAO. I don't really want to get into a debate as to which came first or if they are trying to steal SAO's thunder but eh...

Walkure Romanze - Could be funny.

Meganebu! - Will check this one out. It's a shojou but focuses on the relationships of high school boys? Hmm.

Koroshiya-san: The Hired Gun - Seems interesting. Maybe a good comedy.

Noucome - Seems interesting. Maybe a good comedy.

Non Non Biyori - Reminds me of Kiniro Mosaic. Could have some lighthearted, memorable moments. I did start Kiniro Mosaic, but I stopped around Episode 2 hmm...It seemed "decent" at the start, but I kind of put the series on the backburner.

Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono- Reminds me of GJ-Bu so I am anticipating similar comedic moments.

White Album 2 - Totally watching this. The first season really kept me hooked. Though it seems it follows the same plot line and characters as the first season? I am curious where they will take the story from here...
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

http://www.animeinspirations.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:23 am

Viserys wrote:White Album 2 - Totally watching this. The first season really kept me hooked. Though it seems it follows the same plot line and characters as the first season? I am curious where they will take the story from here...
Different plot and characters. White Album already had 2 seasons, this is an adaption of the second game, which is completely different in those 2 aspects, from what I'm aware. Anyway, since this post may be a bit long, I'll put some things in spoilers. To you know, actually say why I'm interested in things, and actually talk about things I may be watching (already got Battle Spirits down though)

What I know I'll be watching:

Others that interest me:
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:59 pm

You are correct on White Album 2, my mistake Smile 

Regardless, I think it will be a decent watch if the first season is anything to go by (it is 25 episodes so longer than usual).

Thanks for the input, Dawn. You are quite knowledgeable about a lot of these titles. What would I do without you Laughing(Don't worry, I am not tying anyone down by a leash or anything, but I do appreciate your time here)
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugitani Chie Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:03 am

Viserys wrote:Nagi no Asukara- Not sure what it is about, but I will definately be checking it out.
Synopsis (though you may have seen this already)

"A beautiful fairy tale that wanders through the earth and the sea. Hikari Sakishima and Manaka Mukaido are Sea Dwellers and childhood friends. When their school in the sea is closed they are forced to attend to an earth's one, but due to a special encounter, their lives gain a new twist."

It's definitely not slice of life, like I've seen some people say it was elsewhere. The genres are Drama, Fantasy and Romance (but it might have a Slice of Life kind of feeling) and it's also P.A. Works' next original anime (Angel Beats!, RDG: Red Data Girl, Tari Tari, True Tears). I can say all of us here watched Tari Tari and even if we didn't all love it, I'm sure none of us hated it, so this next one probably won't be bad. Really looking forward to it. Probably the most next to all the sequels I need to watch.

Last edited by Sugitani Chie on Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Sugitani Chie
Sugitani Chie

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:39 pm

Ok, that is interesting...thanks for the background info by the way. Yes, Tari Tari and True Tears were fairly good in my opinion so I will definitely give Nagi no Asukara a chance.
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:27 am

First impressions on a couple of things I was definitely going to watch:

Kyoukai no Kanata - Well, for one thing, the entirety of this anime may be just as awkward as that first part was, what with it being a supernatural slice of life, but there are quite a few laughs to be had. I'm looking forward to hopefully encountering some better explaining of what is going on, but will probably be at least decent regardless.

Kyousougiga - It is my opinion that this on the other hand, just doesn't need nearly as much explaining as it's just a crazy blast to be had. If it does explain it's stuff decently, possibly like the manga, then much appreciated, but if not, I don't think I care. One thing to note is that with 2 recaps on it's earlier 1 OVA and 5 shorter ONAs, no one that may be thinking about picking this up will really need to backtrack. The first was a pretty great recap too.

As for Nagi no Asukara, seems somewhat more interesting now but I can't say it's not odd looking. Yeah I don't know. But I might end up checking it out anyway.
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugitani Chie Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:00 pm

Oh, man. =o

Nagi no Asukara reminds me of Ano Natsu de Matteru except with a LOT more water and instead of three girls, it's three guys.

So far, I'm getting the feeling the only reason it's part Fantasy is because there are Sea Dwellers, and it could be both Fantasy and Slice of Life (even if they've excluded Slice of Life) or at least feel like SoL, but it could surprise me.
Sugitani Chie
Sugitani Chie

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:15 pm

Kill La Kill was similar to Kyousougiga, only a lot more overwhelmingly over the top, with a different but probably more cliche plot. I'm surprised but it is probably going to stay as my favorite first episode of the season, but knowing myself as much as I do, it could easily go off into being not as interesting, so we'll just see.

Golden Time was surprising but at the same time not. It was a very engaging comedy, but besides changing the setting to collage, there doesn't really seem like much to note, and will probably end up just as average as I had first thought.

Yusibu seems to be the short form I wanted. As I figured, it was less funny and more on the fanservice side than Hataraku-Maou sama!, likely to keep up with though since I found it entertaining enough.

Log Horizon was very immersive for a first episode, much like SAO, but at the same time, it clearly has a lot of differences, such as swords not being the only weapons. It is intriguing with me being a gamer myself, but it's got the unfortune of being ever so slightly similar to SAO while Maoyuu's author created it, so I am literally wondering why I actually tried it. Hoping it keeps this level of quality, I really, really am.

Little Busters! Refrain is starting off, and I am not exaggerating, much better than most of the first season, especially in the animation department. I really got to hate those girls, and they seemed to have done those horrible things for such a petty reason. I am sorry. I wish Kurugaya murdered one of them, at least. Maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration, though. Edit: Honestly, I just barely watched Refrain before posting this, I seriously have to say my favorite so far is it, by quite a bit, after thinking about it.

Strike the Blood was interesting. I figured I actually wouldn't try it but from what little I heard about the first episode, checking some opinions beforehand, it was generally all positive, but not that it was really great. I pretty much share that opinion, and would like more information on the protagonist before the events of this episode.
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:31 pm

Ok guys, its been awhile. I just wanted to give my opening thoughts on the titles I have watched thus far this season.

Golden Time-
Good, as I expected. So far it stays true to the manga. Its a nice romantic comedy. Based on the manga, its more of a love triangle rather than a harem, so that's a plus, atleast in my opinion. So if you are looking for an enjoyable slice of life, romance comedy, I definitely recommend it. Again one of the few shows that follows the college age crowd.

Little Busters: Refrain-
What's not to like. This series is just great all-around and offers a little bit of something for everyone. With the abundance of harems (or reverse-harems) these days I really love shows with a balanced cast. A sequel to the first season, so if you did not watch the first season, you may be lost on the plot slightly. It's a good watch all-around, and I definitely recommend it.

White Album 2 -
Surprisingly good. I really love the tone, and general "atmosphere" of this show. The protagonist is also interesting, one of the rare serious, goal driven protagonists of late. In other words, he knows what he wants and goes after it (at least when it comes to music).

The two female leads are likable, no complaints there. However, the dark haired girl has a surprisingly deep voice. That is cool though, I am sure I will get use to it in time. The extremely high-pitched characters annoy me more than anything else. Anyways, if you are looking for a more serious slice-of-life show with promises of drama/romance to come, check out White Album 2.

Walkure Romanze
Seems like your typical harem comedy with lots of fanservice. You know, typically the type of show you don't watch with anyone else. The setting is interesting, with the medieval aspects and the sport of jousting, so that is one unique thing about this series. It's a totally watchable show, again nothing like To Love Ru (which is a definite rarity when it comes to raunchiness in harems). So if you like harems, or even just watch them for the hilarity, this is a good choice if you don't have anything else to watch.

MEGANBU!
Unique show with an interesting concept. The artstyle (of the backgrounds and such) seems a little odd at times. With the first episode I had a little trouble keeping interest. I really do hope they add a female main character or side character at one point, because at the moment, it is a sausage-fest. Again, nothing wrong with that persay. It may very well be a show aimed at attracting the female audience, which is perfectly fine. The main cast are interested in women by the way, so no, its not that type of show. It's just hard for this show to reel me in without any female characters. I haven't watched past episode 1 so...who knows where this series is headed.

My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy
This is a show that puts comedy/hilarity/absurdity at the forefront. Basically, the protagonist has a "curse" in which he is randomly given a choice of two options in any given situation. These choices often don't make any sense, but hey, anything to get a laugh out of the audience, right?

The show is fairly funny at times, but I admit the "choices" sometimes feel forced at times. It's hard to drop a show that makes you laugh, in my opinion at least. For delivering laughs it is pretty good at its job.
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:49 pm

Viserys wrote:White Album 2 -
However, the dark haired girl has a surprisingly deep voice.
Probably the only thing I found annoying so far though, to be perfectly honest. I'm probably just more used to the other end of the spectrum, but I don't think any of the guys or really the other main girl was really that high-pitched. The only ones I'm not sure about would be that one other girl and any randoms that may have passed by. There isn't really anything else I can't agree with, though.

Well there is more.

Aikatsu! 2 - So we've got a rocker idol and Ichigo back with cute cat ears a week year after last season ended. The funny thing being in the aphorism thing at the end there Aoi broke the fourth wall in saying it had been a week er, year.

Galilei Donna - Feels like it's a bit too much in what it's trying to do, but with the oddity of a goldfish mecha it is entertaining enough for 11 episodes.

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic - I did not understand what was going on at first but that is because what it showed before the opening is not happening right away. I just hope it doesn't rush too much to get out to that or anything. Going on different journeys might they all actually get the chance to do so seems interesting, and episode 3 was hilarious.

Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 3rd Season - I'm just glad we don't seem to have another Rook/Freecell on our hands this time. Like I said before airing they are both pretty similar characters and for both being antagonists, both of them, that was not exactly a good thing. Much fun. Yep. I feel like I'm not saying much right now but Jin is being confusing and the whole anime season has just been started.

I dropped the current Battle Spirits on the account of feeling way more childish than Sword Eyes. Whereas Sword Eyes may not have had great character development, at least I felt it had character.

Non Non Biyori - This has so far been everything I had thought it would be. Gorgeous scenery, not so used setting, decent characters all around, lovely slice of life. All I really need to say.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Ars Nova - I had hoped this would entertain me with naval battles considering that isn't a thing I have yet seen done in anime. After the decent set up with the first episode I had pretty much gotten what I asked for with the second, am slightly behind in things now though, I know the third episode aired.

The CGI has a lot of problems with it and that is not so good considering this is full of it, characters included, but I just go with the flow considering I'm getting what I want, and it's a step up from several other things I have seen.
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:12 pm

Non Non Biyori: Yes I agree, this show is pretty "awesome" in terms of slice of life and comedy. The setting makes me lol though. 4 students in a classroom, really? Though I suppose that's better than some anime that make the characters in the background appears as silhouettes *coughMeganebu*cough

I was going to add something else but I forgot what I was saying....
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:35 am

Viserys wrote: was going to add something else but I forgot what I was saying....
That happens... to me a lot. xD

May as well,

Miss Monochrome - The idols have invaded the short length anime. Haha but no, a pretty washed out robotic idol that hasn't sung except for maybe the ending. First episode was funny because of what happened, I didn't find the second one any good, really, but the rest have been okay. It's really only 4 minutes long each episode, less if you don't bother with the ending (there's nothing after it, as far as I can tell from the first episode, so I didn't bother. Incidentally, I didn't bother after that not just because of that, but because, it seems kind of unheard of for there to be anything after an ending theme to a short anime). Imo, worth it if you've only got such a short amount of time on your hands, but I know there are funnier shorts, and that is mostly all you can do with such a thing.

EDIT: Non Non Biyori episode 4 - Oh the feels! Oh the poor poor Ren-chon! Oh the forgettable brother! Really felt like crying, especially when seeing that long sequence of Renge starting to cry.
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:54 pm

I need to catch up on Non Non Biyori (only through episode 1).

Now my thoughts on Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono
This seems like a knock-off of Going Home Club and similar anime that feature an all-girl cast. From what I have seen, it seems to CGI animated? Similar to RWBY, to make a comparison. It's a half-episode anime it seems like (approx duration 12 min or so).

Now the first episode, it had trouble keeping my attention, but things may get better later on/funnier.  I won't be so quick to dismiss this one yet.
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:23 pm

Let's see... I'm wondering if by about the halfway point I have changed my mind on any of these anime...

Kill La Kill is more than just some action thing... I have to say after the first couple episodes it's falling within my new expectations that it is absolutely nothing amazing. I am caught up to it, with 6 episodes out, and it is still over the top in it's need to be over the top with everything, including fanservice, meaning it is... well... probably going to be one of the most fanservicey anime I have ever watched by the time that I'm done with it. It really is too much to handle, and I handled To LOVE-Ru (although I was younger and I didn't dislike the art style, would still say it doesn't actually outdo To LOVE-Ru in that aspect) relatively okay.

White Album 2 is still actually pretty much the same, I just wanted to mention how something about Haruki going on about that song (episode 6) made me laugh for some reason... It's another really solid musical anime, like Tari Tari, really. Although I will say there definitely seems to be more drama at this point in time, I like these things either way.

Golden Time - From the beginning, and even before that with just the trailer, it didn't really look like anything special to me, but from episode 4 onward, at the point where apparently the manga translations stop, I did change my mind. It's reminding me why I did enjoy Toradora so much, and now that I realize how strong this is, it does make me appreciate the setting not being middle or high school (I think it's safe to say that due to there being some drama, there isn't really any way to create a believably similar plot with elementary school students, but I mostly see middle/high schools anyway. Especially high schools). I thought about how the whole Linda thing is even going to resolve, and it probably won't go in anyway I can think of, except I will guess that it will resolve in a happy way that will actually resolve things. Well, hopefully, but what seems obvious is that Banri and Koko will not just get together, but by the end be together and stay together. I mean, I just can't see it not being that way with the way things are going and the fact that Banri is the protagonist and Koko is the main heroine. Truly one handful of a women, though.

Phi Brain Season 3 - I just think they are doing a pretty good job at making me unaware as to who the actual antagonist this time around is. When I think about it, season 2 automatically had Freecell, and he ended up being really similar to Rook, the main antag from season 1. After the first episode of this season I initially thought it would be Rätsel, but due to unforeseen circumstances it actually seems like
Spoiler:
is actually the bad guy. Really the only thing I feel is mentionable, but does this ever make me appreciate the show more, with the antagonist being an actual different character either way.

Galilei Donna - I don't think the opening or ending is really one of the best this season, it just looks awkward and provides basically the only fanservice the youngest sister gets, so no. Solid series though, I can say, Goldfish mecha and all that death (not actually much, but it seems there in the latest episode) unlike most of what I'm watching this season. Even Log Horizon (not really a spoiler) has people able to respawn but it barely even shows anything of the short, and the main characters haven't died yet despite there not being as much danger as actually dying.

lol I already made a Golden Time thread but what I said about it ended up being the longest.
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:37 pm

Nice thoughts, Seira, you make some good write-ups I must say.

Low and behold, you seem to be watching more total anime than I am each season. It's really hard for me to jump around, though most series I start I do finish.

Besides the aforementioned 5 shows:
Golden Time
White Album 2
Non Non Biyori (lagging behind on)
Little Busters
Tesagure! (lagging behind on)

I am also watching:
Noucome - a fanservicey kind of funny. Yes, despite the harem setting, unrealistic nature of the "choice" selection and everything else, I do manage to get a few laughs out of the show. That's a plus in my book. It is general absurdity and randomness though. Good for comedy, not so good for a meaningful plot.

Meganebu! - I did stop around episode 2 or so...Again, I Don't know if this show picks up. I guess being a male, all-male cast members shows just bore me to tears. Likewise, I didn't watch Swim! (the swim anime I may be off on the name) of last season, as I heard it was quite fanservicey. If they could introduce atleast 1 female side character or main character, I would like the show alot more. Again, when the entire show is one gender (male in this case) it just makes for an utter snooze fest. I definitely have no problems watching reverse-harems or shojous at all.

Walkure Romanze - Typical harem protagonist, typical swooning women all over him. Good for laughs though. The whole "jousting" theme with the knights is interesting. I suppose that gives the series more "tension" than your typical harem.

Spoilers for episode 4 onward
Spoiler:
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:09 am

Viserys wrote:Nice thoughts, Seira, you make some good write-ups I must say.
Why thank you.

Viserys wrote:
Tesagure! (lagging behind on)
Well I kind of am too, then. It hasn't gotten more than the first episode subbed so I won't be watching anymore until it gets subbed. ^^;

Viserys wrote:
Meganebu! - I did stop around episode 2 or so...Again, I Don't know if this show picks up. I guess being a male, all-male cast members shows just bore me to tears. Likewise, I didn't watch Swim! (the swim anime I may be off on the name) of last season, as I heard it was quite fanservicey. If they could introduce atleast 1 female side character or main character, I would like the show alot more. Again, when the entire show is one gender (male in this case) it just makes for an utter snooze fest. I definitely have no problems watching reverse-harems or shojous at all.
Free? I did end up noticing that there was a female or 2, but I don't know her importance since I haven't actually watched it. But I guess that isn't why you mentioned it.

Viserys wrote:Spoilers for episode 4 onward
Spoiler:
I just accidentally this spoiler. Will spoil my comment because it also gives away the spoiler.

Spoiler:

Outbreak Company
I'm not spoiling anything that isn't exactly in synopses, but having too many long posts is going to be a pain.
Spoiler:
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:05 pm

Sugitani Chie wrote:Oh, man. =o

Nagi no Asukara reminds me of Ano Natsu de Matteru except with a LOT more water and instead of three girls, it's three guys.

So far, I'm getting the feeling the only reason it's part Fantasy is because there are Sea Dwellers, and it could be both Fantasy and Slice of Life (even if they've excluded Slice of Life) or at least feel like SoL, but it could surprise me.
I finally decided to try Nagi no Asukara thanks to this nice person, right here.

I agree. A lot of slice of life elements, and it is very dramatic for a fantasy, if you can even call it that. Usually it's more on the action and such side of things if you count something as a fantasy. I get sucked in from start to finish, every episode, I am astonishingly speechless. Great character development, absolutely beautiful art, can't wait for the next episode, just so easily climbed in my favorites of the season.

Btw Ano Natsu de Matteru had 3 guys too. I would also say it has 4 girls. In terms of main and important enough side characters. MAL actually has 6 characters as main and 4 of them are girls. But that has nothing to do with this, I guess.
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:44 pm

Hmm...interesting. That is one title I have not checked out this season. So little time, so much anime.
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down