Anime Inspirations Forum
Welcome to our updated forums! Please take a moment to register if you are not already a member.

About our Forum:

Winter 2013 Anime Season -Your Thoughts? Header-anime-inspirations-beta

Winter 2013 Anime Season -Your Thoughts? Anime-inspirations-affiliate-animated

Discussion on the most inspiring or heartfelt/emotional moments in the world of anime. Mainly, our focus is on anime of the Slice of Life or Romance genre (past and current). Anyone is welcome.

We focus on select slice of life/romance/comedy anime of the current season and discuss them. Most of these titles have very little supernatural elements as we want content that is easy to relate to/draw upon our own experiences. This was the large motivating factor for me to start my own site and forum. I wanted to share these inspiring anime moments with others, so we could borrow from these experiences and lend this wisdom and knowledge toward our real lives.

Site Features

Our Main Site (blog and video streaming): http://www.animeinspirations.com

Thanks for your interest in Anime Inspirations.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Anime Inspirations Forum
Welcome to our updated forums! Please take a moment to register if you are not already a member.

About our Forum:

Winter 2013 Anime Season -Your Thoughts? Header-anime-inspirations-beta

Winter 2013 Anime Season -Your Thoughts? Anime-inspirations-affiliate-animated

Discussion on the most inspiring or heartfelt/emotional moments in the world of anime. Mainly, our focus is on anime of the Slice of Life or Romance genre (past and current). Anyone is welcome.

We focus on select slice of life/romance/comedy anime of the current season and discuss them. Most of these titles have very little supernatural elements as we want content that is easy to relate to/draw upon our own experiences. This was the large motivating factor for me to start my own site and forum. I wanted to share these inspiring anime moments with others, so we could borrow from these experiences and lend this wisdom and knowledge toward our real lives.

Site Features

Our Main Site (blog and video streaming): http://www.animeinspirations.com

Thanks for your interest in Anime Inspirations.
Anime Inspirations Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter 2013 Anime Season -Your Thoughts?

3 posters

Go down

Winter 2013 Anime Season -Your Thoughts? Empty Winter 2013 Anime Season -Your Thoughts?

Post by Viserys Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:02 pm

Seems to be a promising season so far. Sadly I have not had the time to check out every title, but I am really liking my first impressions. I'll add more of my opinions once I get around to checking out the new series. Please add your thoughts comments as well, I am looking forward to hearing what you think.

OreShura: This title surprised me. I was expecting another run of the mill harem comedy but the first episode really caught me by surprise. The personality of the silver-haired girl (can't remember her name at the moment) really spices things up, did not see that one coming. Let's just say I am hooked and will continue watching this one. The protagonist also seems likable. All in all, I like the unique premise of this show.

Viserys
Viserys
Admin

http://www.animeinspirations.com/

Back to top Go down

Winter 2013 Anime Season -Your Thoughts? Empty Re: Winter 2013 Anime Season -Your Thoughts?

Post by Seira Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:43 pm

Oh boy.

OreShura: I might have watched too much anime already, but I really don't see anything unique about it. It's just done very well. I've seen a lot of Chuunibyoism before, and after watching Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai, that was really too obvious not to notice. I don't like how to me, Masuzu's face looks really awkward, but other than that, really good so far.

AKB0048 Next Stage: Honestly, I'm surprised that there actually was kind of action in the first episode here. Well, starting off just as good, and practically just as I thought would happen. It is the second season, so there is that.

Minami-ke Tadaima: Having actually loved all 3 seasons before this, the OVA surprised me with just how good it was though. If all goes well, I could like this even more than the first season. The first episode kept me smiling the whole way through, and there was a few really funny scenes.
This story is a simple illustration of the three sisters of the Minami household. Please do not expect too much out of it.
But, I've grown to expect much awesome things to love out of something like this.

EDIT: I have more. I seriously may give my whole first impressions/ending impressions on everything I watch this season.

Senran Kagura: Decent yuri-ish ecchi anime. :3

I'm not really even liking it as much as a few others similar to it that I've watched's first episode, but it seems decent.

Love Live! School Idol Project: Very promising, but that's because I'm really into this idol thing, even without having watched/played Idolmaster, which apparently started it. I feel for them. Sad

Amnesia: Little did I expect the girl would have amnesia from the exact moment I started the episode. Having it right away seems kind of different to me. It definitely has a supernaturalish feel to it, but me personally, I don't dislike unrealistic or realistic anime. Ah, decent first episode, but to really enjoy this, I hope they give us enough of her memory back by the end, which they probably will.
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Winter 2013 Anime Season -Your Thoughts? Empty Re: Winter 2013 Anime Season -Your Thoughts?

Post by Seira Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:46 pm

Tamako Market: The bird is the only fantasy element out of many to make it to the final cut? Guess Kyoani really likes what they have been doing, was quite slice of life, pretty cute and funny.

GJ-bu: Gives me a worse Acchi Kocchi vibe, but it is still pretty good.

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai: I'm gonna be honest with myself here. Bizarre, strange, weird, odd, wacky, ridiculous, and absolutely hilarious first episode. Sure, there may be a bit too much fanservice, or something, but it was definitely a great start for me.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT: Decent, just like the first season, pretty funny. That's all I can really say, but both Sena and Yozora DO annoy me so much sometimes. There is no clear which one is worse, they just are bad. Before now, I would have definitely said I like Yozora more, because I really don't care much for breast that are impossibly large, but really, they're both really annoying. Sena is far from perfect and I've heard a few people saying she is, and what I just said comes into play. Yozora is a gigantic bully, so yeah. Other than that, the other characters are pretty awesome.
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:19 pm

Dawn wrote:

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai: I'm gonna be honest with myself here. Bizarre, strange, weird, odd, wacky, ridiculous, and absolutely hilarious first episode. Sure, there may be a bit too much fanservice, or something, but it was definitely a great start for me.

Hmm...I did tune into the first episode. You are right, it was very bizarre and I felt the plot was all over the place. Personally, I did not like the episode and the general direction things seemed to be heading in.

The way Sasami's brother's face was always covered up with a suitcase or something really irked me. Didn't like that move at all. Some of the art seemed bland and uninteresting. Doesn't help that Sasami really seems like a dull character with the personality of a board/wall (though I understand this is the main premise of the series). Well to be fair I was just turned off the whole series from the first impressions that the opening episode gave.

Kind of felt similar vibes during the first season of Medaka Box. The second season mind you (Abnormal) was actually a decent watch. But I just could not complete the series (I know that the plot picks up near the end as I did read the manga).

I apologize for the rant/being a negative nancy.
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:58 pm

Viserys wrote:

Hmm...I did tune into the first episode. You are right, it was very bizarre and I felt the plot was all over the place. Personally, I did not like the episode and the general direction things seemed to be heading in.

The way Sasami's brother's face was always covered up with a suitcase or something really irked me. Didn't like that move at all. Some of the art seemed bland and uninteresting. Doesn't help that Sasami really seems like a dull character with the personality of a board/wall (though I understand this is the main premise of the series). Well to be fair I was just turned off the whole series from the first impressions that the opening episode gave.

Kind of felt similar vibes during the first season of Medaka Box. The second season mind you (Abnormal) was actually a decent watch. But I just could not complete the series (I know that the plot picks up near the end as I did read the manga).

I apologize for the rant/being a negative nancy.
NP, I don't mind different opinions, at least it wasn't done in a harsh way. Yeah, well the art is really just mostly similar to other Shaft series, and I don't really like it too much, but overall I don't mind it. I mentioned that suitcase thing somewhere else, though to me it was funny at first, I just didn't care for it after that. To be fair, I don't actually think it should exist other than not in front of his face, I just briefly found it amusing that it staed up even while he wasn't holding it. I actually figured you wouldn't like this anime.

That thing I have about parodies may also apply to this here though. I generally will almost definitely like it, but not nearly as much as some other things. I'm only saying this because of the Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate reference and what might be a Haruhi parody, though. But I still personally had a blast watching this episode.

One thing I find very strange though, I don't find Sasami dull even with only this amount of her seen. Or at least dull in a good way. Although I'm pretty sure that doesn't make any sense. It was the kind of dull that I like and don't find boring. Although I'm pretty sure that doesn't make any sense.

Vividred Operation: Nothing like a show actually making me feel immersed into it from the first episode. Granted, there are some things some people need to be wary of if they planned on watching it.
One, mostly only girls, the only male that would be in most if not all the episodes is pretty much a mascot.
Two, fanservice of the bottom variety. I can certainly see the resemblance to Strike Witches, even though I've only watched one episode of each so far.
And lastly, it has a very magical girl feel to it, although more on the technological side of things. If you do like at least one of those things, and at least don't mind the others, you should like it just as much as I do, if not more. I almost forgot to mention, I don't care about that kind of fanservice, pretty much at all, but I don't mind it, for some reason or another.

Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Aren't They?: Yes, I might be able to memorize the whole thing in English. Japanese, not so much... that's why we can count on names that are this long to be shortened, right? Most of the time I just take 1-3 words and do it anyway, so yeah. Ah, with my great liking of Iori Nozomu's voice, I'm glad that including Black Rabbit, I like every character I've seen so far that she's voiced. Though I must say, Izayoi took me by surprise since I first saw him by being just so badass that even I just have to think of him as my favorite character. The characters themselves are not that unusual though. Or I should say, not all that unique from my experience. The premise does seem a little unique though, and quite interesting.

That about covers it, first episode wise, unless Seitokai no Ichizon LV.2 being simulcasted by Crunchyroll now counts. I never watched Spice and Wolf, but Maoyuu Maou Yuusha still seems pretty underwhelming for me, even with it's second episode.
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:47 am

Dawn wrote: I actually figured you wouldn't like this anime.

That made me laugh. Maybe you have figured out my tastes for now eh Very Happy ?

Seems like you really did check out alot of the new titles this season. Somehow though I feel we are missing something.

Right now I want to check out (havn't watched the first ep)

Tamako Market
Kotoura-san
Senran Kagura
Chihayafuru 2
Ai Mai Mi
Mangirl!
Yama no Susume

Seems like a lot of titles that I have to catch on, (and that grabbed my attention at first glance)

Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugitani Chie Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:18 pm

I suppose what I'm liking more (so far) this season the sequels I have to watch and Amnesia.

And what I can say about that:

The reason I'm enjoying AKB I guess would have to be for the characters and the songs, and Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT (well, this obviously and clearly counts for the first season as well) is just pretty funny, and I want to see what happens in Amnesia (whether the girl fully regains her memories or not and what happened before she lost them as well).

Oh, and happy birthday.

Last edited by Kobato Hasegawa on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sugitani Chie
Sugitani Chie

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:43 pm

Kobato Hasegawa wrote:
Oh, and happy birthday.

Hey thanks! Guess I am loved Very Happy ! No but seriously, appreciate it. Means a lot to me.
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:57 am

Let's see here. Continuing the discussion, I recently checked out Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Okan and GJ-bu.

Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Okan : A short "mini-series" so to speak where each episode is only about 3 1/2 minutes. Has some funny moments, but nothing to write home about. The animation style is also a little "clunky" so that could be a turn-off.

GJ-bu: Greatly reminds me of Seitokai no Ichizon. Each episode takes places around a club, where randomness and hilarity ensue. The protagonist is more laid-back and passive as opposed to the one from Seitokai. It is funny, so I would recommend it.
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:30 am

Viserys wrote:
Kobato Hasegawa wrote:
Oh, and happy birthday.

Hey thanks! Guess I am loved Very Happy ! No but seriously, appreciate it. Means a lot to me.
Oh snap I wasn't actually signed in that day so I kind of forgot. Happy belated birthday.

Viserys wrote:GJ-bu: Greatly reminds me of Seitokai no Ichizon. Each episode takes places around a club, where randomness and hilarity ensue. The protagonist is more laid-back and passive as opposed to the one from Seitokai. It is funny, so I would recommend it.
That was what it really reminded me of, but Mao being similar to Tsumiki with the biting made me think of Acchi Kocchi.

I don't actually want to watch Maoyuu Maou Yuusha anymore, I did say it was just to use up time, and... Sasami makes a lot more sense now... I don't exactly like how it was explained though. Has to do with their family having had actual incest, so this would be my second to drop if I actually don't just stay with all my choices. Everything else I'm still enjoying, with Minami-ke somehow being much more enjoyable than the rest.
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:41 am

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next.

A decent watch. The rivalry between Yozora and Sena is particularly funny. The same can be said of Maria and Kobato. Some reason I did not watch the first season so I did go and revisit that. Just a hilarious comedy all around.

The plot is somewhat random though, I would like to see the cast make actually progress in terms of "making friends". It would be interesting to see how their interactions with the school commoners develop over the second season. That is one aspect I hope they expand on.
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:35 pm

Love Live continues to be in my top 5, and I just watched the latest episode. I'm really not sure about the order of my favorites for this season, but I'll most likely know once the season ends, as most will be finishing. It is apparently slice of life, too.

This is actually the first time I have a true slice of life as my favorite of the season (As I've said, Minami-ke), I really like quite a few genres, anyway.

I actually have to praise Problem Children, not for being anything memorable, but for at least making me like Izayoi, at least they made him draw once. If he actually went undefeated the entire anime, it would have been pretty boring, but it is definitely decent now. For me it has been, but really, I would have gotten tired of it if he always won.
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:00 am

Straight Title Robot Anime

Started it's air in the middle of the season. Nothing like the promo images I've seen... the robots are so cute!

The attempts to find laughter are futile for the most part, especially to any non-Japanese audience in my opinion, but it's kind of funny, especially those tests on the warring robots, and seems respectfully made considering the use of MMD.

Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Aren't They?

Well... I sure do like Iori Nozimu's voice. I'm slightly disappointed this (and therefore Seitokai no Ichizon LV 2, which I found almost all of to be absolutely hilarious) was only 10 episodes. Dog Days with a better plot. Wasn't really feel good, compared to Dog Days, but I enjoyed it.
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum