Anime Inspirations Forum
Welcome to our updated forums! Please take a moment to register if you are not already a member.

About our Forum:

Banner Submission Header-anime-inspirations-beta

Banner Submission Anime-inspirations-affiliate-animated

Discussion on the most inspiring or heartfelt/emotional moments in the world of anime. Mainly, our focus is on anime of the Slice of Life or Romance genre (past and current). Anyone is welcome.

We focus on select slice of life/romance/comedy anime of the current season and discuss them. Most of these titles have very little supernatural elements as we want content that is easy to relate to/draw upon our own experiences. This was the large motivating factor for me to start my own site and forum. I wanted to share these inspiring anime moments with others, so we could borrow from these experiences and lend this wisdom and knowledge toward our real lives.

Site Features

Our Main Site (blog and video streaming): http://www.animeinspirations.com

Thanks for your interest in Anime Inspirations.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Anime Inspirations Forum
Welcome to our updated forums! Please take a moment to register if you are not already a member.

About our Forum:

Banner Submission Header-anime-inspirations-beta

Banner Submission Anime-inspirations-affiliate-animated

Discussion on the most inspiring or heartfelt/emotional moments in the world of anime. Mainly, our focus is on anime of the Slice of Life or Romance genre (past and current). Anyone is welcome.

We focus on select slice of life/romance/comedy anime of the current season and discuss them. Most of these titles have very little supernatural elements as we want content that is easy to relate to/draw upon our own experiences. This was the large motivating factor for me to start my own site and forum. I wanted to share these inspiring anime moments with others, so we could borrow from these experiences and lend this wisdom and knowledge toward our real lives.

Site Features

Our Main Site (blog and video streaming): http://www.animeinspirations.com

Thanks for your interest in Anime Inspirations.
Anime Inspirations Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banner Submission

2 posters

Go down

Banner Submission Empty Banner Submission

Post by Viserys Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:47 pm

Banner Submission

Want to submit a banner image to be featured on the main page of our site? You've come to the right place!

Here are some of our criteria if you are interested in participating.

Photo Dimensions
1000 x 301

This is the size I came to when I cropped most of my photos. 1000x 300 is also acceptable.

Unedited Photo
Straight from the source. If you want to adjust the brightness/contrast slightly there shouldn't be an issue. However no drastic edits.

From the following series
Must be from one of the following Anime series (more titles will be added in the future)

Code:

Amagami SS
Amagami SS Plus
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou (Daily Lives of High School Boys)
Hatsukoi Limited
Kimi no Iru Machi
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (Rumbling Hearts)
Kokoro Connect
Little Busters
Natsuiro Kiseki
Nana
Okami-san and Her Seven Companions
Peach Girl
Sakamichi no Apollon
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Sket Dance
Sukitte Iinayo
Suzuka
Tari Tari
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
True Tears
White Album

Context/Premise of Image
The image must have some sort of significance behind it, closely following the theme of our site. Check out some of our examples below. In most cases a character is included (no shots of just scenery for example). In addition, we are looking for photos without subtitles. With our width limit (300) you have to keep in mind that a large portion of the action has to occur within those boundaries. So when selecting an image or scene, keep that in mind. Also make sure any watermarks or titles (common on viewing sites) are out of the picture.

Preview of where your banner will be placed:
The red rectangle in the image below. The banner is revolving so there is a new and random image on each page load of the main site.

Banner Submission Anime-inspirations-new-beta-layout-red-outline

Example Banners
These images have been resized from their 1000x301 format because they would stretch the screen here, but that is their original size.

Banner Submission Shizuku-snow-rs
Original Size: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4KPeOQjW-oE/UPh6lhQ2JNI/AAAAAAAACGE/GaccWJ6ycDU/s1600/shizuku-snow-rs.jpg

Taken from this source:
Banner Submission Shizuku-snow

Here is another example

Banner Submission Haru-snow-rs
Original Size : http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aLNlShBcY7o/UPh7aDyFPGI/AAAAAAAACGY/sQWKaJOrqUE/s1600/haru-snow-rs.jpg

Example of a Poor Choice
Beautiful scene, but the camera angle in this shot places the character too close to the screen, making it difficult to produce a quality result when re-sized.

Banner Submission Bad-example-banner

Submission

You can submit your images in this thread here or PM me. Remember to supply a URL to the full image, because if you post the 1000 width image here, it will stretch unfortunately.

Last edited by Viserys on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

http://www.animeinspirations.com/

Back to top Go down

Banner Submission Empty Re: Banner Submission

Post by Seira Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:46 am

I don't know about anything I've already watched... but assuming I get around to any of the other available series, I'll be sure to keep an eye open starting now.
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:37 pm

There are some other series that will be added shortly...so I'll add them to the list.

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai
Hatsukoi Limited
Little Busters
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:28 am

What about tv logos that appear even in Japan? Do I have to get rid of those too, as it's just the same as any other watermark?

Because I tried doing that on, something, because I probably do have to get rid of those:
Banner Submission CenKjWW
Original Size: https://i.imgur.com/cQ2PPCl.png

I'm sure I can come up with a better significance at some point, that isn't a submission unless you think it's good enough.
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:32 am

Dawn wrote:What about tv logos that appear even in Japan? Do I have to get rid of those too, as it's just the same as any other watermark?

Well, as long as the watermarks do not obstruct the image it should be fine. Oh and that submission was pretty nice so I think I'll add it. Thanks for the hard work.

What I think I will do (if this becomes a popular thing) is add a credits list at the top of the post by contributor and series, along with the image (link of course or it would become too cluttered). Actually, I'll make another topic for that...

Dawn: I had to edit the image slightly, there was about a 2 pixel width white line at the top, so that could have been a mistake during cropping. This was probably hard to notice. Otherwise, not a bad choice.

I just realized that my dimensions are off on the main page, i.e. it is showing less than 300 pixel width for the banner image. So I'll try to adjust that.
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:28 pm

Viserys wrote:Dawn: I had to edit the image slightly, there was about a 2 pixel width white line at the top, so that could have been a mistake during cropping. This was probably hard to notice. Otherwise, not a bad choice.
Yeah it was hard to notice. I practiced with it a bit with some other scenes, but I'll have to be more attentive when I try making more.
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum