Anime Inspirations Forum
Welcome to our updated forums! Please take a moment to register if you are not already a member.

About our Forum:

Site Release Version 1.3 Header-anime-inspirations-beta

Site Release Version 1.3 Anime-inspirations-affiliate-animated

Discussion on the most inspiring or heartfelt/emotional moments in the world of anime. Mainly, our focus is on anime of the Slice of Life or Romance genre (past and current). Anyone is welcome.

We focus on select slice of life/romance/comedy anime of the current season and discuss them. Most of these titles have very little supernatural elements as we want content that is easy to relate to/draw upon our own experiences. This was the large motivating factor for me to start my own site and forum. I wanted to share these inspiring anime moments with others, so we could borrow from these experiences and lend this wisdom and knowledge toward our real lives.

Site Features

Our Main Site (blog and video streaming): http://www.animeinspirations.com

Thanks for your interest in Anime Inspirations.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Anime Inspirations Forum
Welcome to our updated forums! Please take a moment to register if you are not already a member.

About our Forum:

Site Release Version 1.3 Header-anime-inspirations-beta

Site Release Version 1.3 Anime-inspirations-affiliate-animated

Discussion on the most inspiring or heartfelt/emotional moments in the world of anime. Mainly, our focus is on anime of the Slice of Life or Romance genre (past and current). Anyone is welcome.

We focus on select slice of life/romance/comedy anime of the current season and discuss them. Most of these titles have very little supernatural elements as we want content that is easy to relate to/draw upon our own experiences. This was the large motivating factor for me to start my own site and forum. I wanted to share these inspiring anime moments with others, so we could borrow from these experiences and lend this wisdom and knowledge toward our real lives.

Site Features

Our Main Site (blog and video streaming): http://www.animeinspirations.com

Thanks for your interest in Anime Inspirations.
Anime Inspirations Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Release Version 1.3

2 posters

Go down

Site Release Version 1.3 Empty Site Release Version 1.3

Post by Viserys Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:46 pm

Site Release (Version 1.3)

Release Log:

Version 1.31

-DHTML window for anime titles can be resized. The content seems to scale diagonally so that's a plus. I figured this would help more for mobile browsing.
-Eventually the entire anime list will be shown this way, once I get around to coding things. That will take some time though.
-There was a small edit to the "footer" section. I realized that the sidebar and footer overlapped when there was not enough content on screen. The footer will be looking much nicer once I make some adjustments.

Version 1.3

-Chat Added to main page (also shows on page load of forums)

Update 1.2

-Fancybox ("Lightbox variant") added to post images. My main intention for this was to make manga scans easier to read.
-I spent more time than I should have optimizing the page loading speed.

Update 1.11

-"Headerbar" only appears on the main page and no where else. For example if you navigate to a blog post, the only thing that is visible is the sidebar and the blog content.
-Added "Share This" widget to the main page
-Re-positioned some elements.

Update 1.1

-Cleaned up the blog post format. Hopefully things are easier to read as a result.

-Sidebar section with top inspiring anime of the season along with the latest posted video from the site. Clicking on the links to these shows opens a "DHTML" window that overlays the screen. This was a feature I liked in one of our previous site formats so I decided to bring it back.

-All videos hosted on Tinypic. Why not Youtube you ask? Yeah, that's a long discussion. Most videos tend to get taken down there so its too much hassle for something like anime, been there before. Sadly it is flash and I would like a more mobile-compatible video format. Videobam supposedly worked for mobile but, their video service has been struggling lately.

-Minor edits here and there...hard to remember all the minute changes.
Ok folks, this release has been a long time coming. I have been "slaving" away literally for the past couple of days to get things in working order. Hope you guys like the new changes. Please leave any feedback, questions or suggestions if you have any. I know the version number doesn't really make sense (especially since I have had numerous revisions since I started this site, but oh well.

I will describe the changes in pictures to give you a better understanding of the new changes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Text Summary:

-Cleaned up the blog post format. Hopefully things are easier to read as a result.

-Sidebar section with top inspiring anime of the season along with the latest posted video from the site. Clicking on the links to these shows opens a "DHTML" window that overlays the screen. This was a feature I liked in one of our previous site formats so I decided to bring it back.

-All videos hosted on Tinypic. Why not Youtube you ask? Yeah, that's a long discussion. Most videos tend to get taken down there so its too much hassle for something like anime, been there before. Sadly it is flash and I would like a more mobile-compatible video format. Videobam supposedly worked for mobile but, their video service has been struggling lately.

-Minor edits here and there...hard to remember all the minute changes.

Future Planned Updates:
-I would like the bring the "PunchTab" reward service back. Problem is it is a little obtrusive and not only that, slows your webpage down considerably. I will have to play around with this and see what works.

-Anime List will be brought back eventually...just have to tweak it, make it look "pretty" all that good stuff. Plus its outdated...

-The tabs along the side "Posts/Widgetbar" this section will be worked on soon. I would like separate tabs for everything if I can get the code working properly.

-Chat (Chatango probably) will be added to one of the tabs.

Again, leave me any feedback or suggestions here. Thanks for the patience everyone.

Last edited by Viserys on Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

http://www.animeinspirations.com/

Back to top Go down

Site Release Version 1.3 Empty Re: Site Release Version 1.3

Post by Seira Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:17 am

You could say the first revision was 0.2 or something like that, lol.

Actually I find this a lot better than the last one. Mostly with the sidebar and the double spacing. Don't really have any suggestions just yet but if I somehow think of any I'll be sure to let you know.
Seira
Seira

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:20 pm

Ok, thanks appreciate the feedback.
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:26 pm

Update 1.11

Minor changes but still, wanted to record the updates.

-"Headerbar" only appears on the main page and no where else. For example if you navigate to a blog post, the only thing that is visible is the sidebar and the blog content.
-Added "Share This" widget to the main page
-Re-positioned some elements.
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:46 am

Update 1.2

-Fancybox ("Lightbox variant") added to post images. My main intention for this was to make manga scans easier to read.
-I spent more time than I should have optimizing the page loading speed.

The text is hard to read here because the image has been shrinked. It should be easier to read when the post I am working on goes live.

Apparently, it says the site loaded in just over 1 second, which I find hard to believe. From pingdom tools I got speed ranging from 1.02 sec to 1.5ish second for the page load.

Yet, over at GTmetrix I got around 5-6 second per page load. Does this make any sense? Laughing
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:40 pm

Version 1.3

-Chat Added to main page (also shows on page load of forums)

Although there are further updates I would like to make, I'll stop there for awhile. Easy to get in over your head buried in code for so long.
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Viserys Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:44 pm

Version 1.31

-DHTML window for anime titles can be resized. The content seems to scale diagonally so that's a plus. I figured this would help more for mobile browsing.
-Eventually the entire anime list will be shown this way, once I get around to coding things. That will take some time though.

Viserys
Viserys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down