Anime Inspirations Forum
Welcome to our updated forums! Please take a moment to register if you are not already a member.

About our Forum:

Discussion on the most inspiring or heartfelt/emotional moments in the world of anime. Mainly, our focus is on anime of the Slice of Life or Romance genre (past and current). Anyone is welcome.

We focus on select slice of life/romance/comedy anime of the current season and discuss them. Most of these titles have very little supernatural elements as we want content that is easy to relate to/draw upon our own experiences. This was the large motivating factor for me to start my own site and forum. I wanted to share these inspiring anime moments with others, so we could borrow from these experiences and lend this wisdom and knowledge toward our real lives.

Site Features

Our Main Site (blog and video streaming): http://www.animeinspirations.com

Thanks for your interest in Anime Inspirations.

Kimi no Iru Machi and Long Distance Relationships

Go down

Post by Viserys on Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:53 am

Here I will post a personal experience I had, a scene I could relate to after watching Kimi no Iru Machi. I posted this on the main site, but I'll list it here.

Link to the full write up:

Anyways, the main characters Haruto and Yuzuki Eba are in a long distance relationship and they are struggling to get a chance to see each other. This occurs during the first Kimi no Iru Machi OVA.

My personal synopsis:
Long distance relationships are never easy. If conditions were favorable, couples would never be forced apart from each other, never be forced to have lonely nights. Unfortunately, this world is cruel, things don't always go our way. This is something I can speak of from personal experience.

It upsets me to think of how ignorant people are when it comes to LDRs (I'll abbreviate it from now on). Often, they are sticking their nose somewhere it just doesn't belong. They claim that LDRs don't work, but what do they know? Have they ever personally been in a long distance relationship? Perhaps their relationship failed and as such they assume every type of similar relationship will fail. That right there is such an ignorant mindset.

I cannot measure (personally) the amount of flak I have received by being committed to a LDR. My parents, friends, everyone I knew pretty much, told me to abandon the one I loved, simply due to the nature of our relationship. How do you defend yourself from that? I couldn't. My only choice was a silent defeat. Don't get me wrong, I did protest in the beginning, I made my voice heard but eventually I just got shot down too many times. Despite the naysayers, I did what I felt in my heart was right, continued to love and have hope in my relationship. I knew she was the one for me.

My personal advice is this: Don't enter into a long distance relationship if you don't have to. That being said, if you are searching for your soul mate, it doesn't hurt to have an open mind. If you shun people just because they live a certain distance away from you, chances are you are missing out. Later on if you find out the person is not what you are looking for, its easier to move on (in my opinion). Things certainly can work if both couples have faith in each other, but again, not all will be successful. The ultimate goal between the two individuals has to be to move in with each other and eventually get married. Now if this is not your goal, I will truly say that you are wasting your time and should get out of the relationship immediately.

There are many risks to a LDR, and it obviously isn't for everyone. If this person is not a potential life-long partner it definitely isn't worth it. Dating individuals from another country is a whole other ordeal in of it self. The identity risks (the person is who they claim they are) financial commitments, and potential scams makes it tricky business. So that is one thing you have to be careful of. Trust is an even greater issue. Therefore, if you are looking for a soul mate, it is your choice whether or not to consider someone from another country. All the same, realize there are scams out there, and if there are financial concerns, just remember that money cannot buy true love.

Admin

View user profile http://www.animeinspirations.com/

Back to top Go down