Anime Inspirations Forum
Welcome to our updated forums! Please take a moment to register if you are not already a member.

About our Forum:

Anime Inspirations - AWA Contest $ 100 USD in prizes Header-anime-inspirations-beta

Anime Inspirations - AWA Contest $ 100 USD in prizes Anime-inspirations-affiliate-animated

Discussion on the most inspiring or heartfelt/emotional moments in the world of anime. Mainly, our focus is on anime of the Slice of Life or Romance genre (past and current). Anyone is welcome.

We focus on select slice of life/romance/comedy anime of the current season and discuss them. Most of these titles have very little supernatural elements as we want content that is easy to relate to/draw upon our own experiences. This was the large motivating factor for me to start my own site and forum. I wanted to share these inspiring anime moments with others, so we could borrow from these experiences and lend this wisdom and knowledge toward our real lives.

Site Features

Our Main Site (blog and video streaming): http://www.animeinspirations.com

Thanks for your interest in Anime Inspirations.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Anime Inspirations Forum
Welcome to our updated forums! Please take a moment to register if you are not already a member.

About our Forum:

Anime Inspirations - AWA Contest $ 100 USD in prizes Header-anime-inspirations-beta

Anime Inspirations - AWA Contest $ 100 USD in prizes Anime-inspirations-affiliate-animated

Discussion on the most inspiring or heartfelt/emotional moments in the world of anime. Mainly, our focus is on anime of the Slice of Life or Romance genre (past and current). Anyone is welcome.

We focus on select slice of life/romance/comedy anime of the current season and discuss them. Most of these titles have very little supernatural elements as we want content that is easy to relate to/draw upon our own experiences. This was the large motivating factor for me to start my own site and forum. I wanted to share these inspiring anime moments with others, so we could borrow from these experiences and lend this wisdom and knowledge toward our real lives.

Site Features

Our Main Site (blog and video streaming): http://www.animeinspirations.com

Thanks for your interest in Anime Inspirations.
Anime Inspirations Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Inspirations - AWA Contest $ 100 USD in prizes

Go down

Anime Inspirations - AWA Contest $ 100 USD in prizes Empty Anime Inspirations - AWA Contest $ 100 USD in prizes

Post by Viserys Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:30 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hey anime fans with a knack for inspiration! We're holding a contest with a whooping 100$ dollars in prizes. So why not get in on the action for a chance to win?

Link to our blog post: (Same content, maybe easier to read)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are 3 separate contests and I will outline the details below. In order to qualify (and receive your prize) for any of the contests there are some requirements that must be met.

1) Must be registered on our forums [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
2) Must be registered on Disqus (under a similar name)
3) Have a Paypal Account

Please note that you need to post at least once in the forums and comment on atleast 1 post (main site) using disqus. This is necessary to confirm your identity/alias. Now that that is out of the way, I will be going into an explanation for each of the three individual contests we will be holding.

Deadline for all contests is December 31st 2013.

Art Contest ($50 USD)

Since this involves more work, it will boast the highest prize available. If you are talented with computer graphics or art in general I would take a shot at this prize. In order to qualify for the prize all tasks need to be completed and sent to me.  

Task 1
Produce a .favicon for our site and forums.

Must be a 32x32 .gif on a transparent background. You are free to use your creativity. Keep in mind though, since there are more tasks to follow, I expect the images to adhere to a common theme. Using a favicon generator may help, but most likely you will produce better results using actual image editing software.

Note: This must not contain copyright material. Only original work.

Task 2
Create an iconic banner/header image to represent the site.

Now, you may be able to come up with something decent by just editing the image I already have, which is perfectly fine. Since this is a contest however, keep in mind you will be competing with other entries.

Some requirements for the this task:
-I expect the words "Anime Inspirations" to be in a shade of teal. I kind of have that color theme going on with the site.
-Must contain the words: "Watch Anime. Be Inspired". Our tagline.
-A .gif file with a transparent background (so it can appear over other content).
-There needs to be two images total. One that says "Beta" and one without. This is because the site is still in "beta" status.
-You can be flexible with the image dimensions, but somewhere around 500 x 130 (see the example of what we use currently).

Note: This must not contain copyright material. Only original work.

Task 3
Create a banner for our forums.

-Image dimensions 960 x 261 .jpeg or .gif
-You are free to use images from copyright material throughout the background to sort of define the forums and what they stand for. It would actually be best I think to have characters from anime present for familiarity purposes.
-Which characters to use? You can probably browse our site for the anime titles we reference. Generally, characters from slice of life/romance anime only.
-I would probably prefer to have transparency somewhere, in case I need to resize or readjust the header space, in that sense it would tend to being a .gif.
-I would like something more "definite" rather than seasonal if you get my drift. Using characters from only one anime season for example, is not what I am looking for.

Task 4
Create a facebook page cover photo and profile picture (for our page).

-Cover photo image dimensions 851 x 315 .jpeg.
-Facebook says not to use copyright material in the cover image so to be safe, some original artwork/designs would be nice.
-Profile picture image dimensions 180x180 .jpeg or .gif.
-Profile image is more like an avatar so, again no copyrighted work present.

More information: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Task 5
Create a Youtube "Channel Art" image.

-Image dimensions 2560 X 1440 px.
-Basically, you have to place the important text/imagery in the text/logo safe area.
-Note: This must not contain copyright material. Only original work.
-Please reference [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for a tutorial on how to make channel art.

I would like all imagery to follow the theme of Anime Inspirations and what we stand for. The Motto: Watch Anime. Be Inspired. If you think generic (non-copyrighted) romance/slice of life imagery than I think you will come up with something I am looking for.

This seems like a lot of work, but if you re-use assets from one task to the next, the project as a whole won't encompass a whole lot. Mainly, keep in mind I am asking for non-copyrighted or original work in a lot of tasks. Any questions please contact me on the forums or disqus (or chat).

The winner will be decided by community vote (depending on how many active members we have) when you present your images like a portfolio.

In summary you need to present:
- (2) 32x32 .favicons .gif format (1 for site, 1 for forums)
- (2) Banner/header images representing our site (1 with "beta" 1 without)
- (1) Forum banner image
- (1) Facebook cover photo
- (1) Facebook profile photo
- (1) Youtube channel art image

Writing Contest ($30 USD)

Show off your writing skills with a chance to win some extra cash! The next two contests are smaller in scale than the art contest, so you are free to breathe a sigh of relief. Basically, you will be writing an article that we will publish on our blog. Not too difficult right? There is some criteria however.

-Your post must reference slice of life or romance anime/manga.

We do cover some "comedy" anime but since that genre is hard to define, I would stick with slice of life or romance. Our official anime list is a work in progress, so if you have any questions about which show you should cover or reference, just contact me. You can also draw on past articles that I have written for inspiration (though I admit I am still working on some more quality posts myself).

-You should probably take your experiences or lessons learned watching a show and relate it to how you have grown, or applied this knowledge in the real world.

I say probably because you could stray from this format and impress me somehow. However, since the theme of the site and my basis for founding it rests on the above criteria (for the most part) I would stick to that. So what does this mean? For example, maybe you learned a better way to ask women out or how to treat them because of what an anime taught you. Or perhaps you learned to do something more efficiently as a result of watching an anime. Now, I know most people don't consider anime an educational experience, so you may have to think about it.

Your potential blog post will be judged by me. I suppose the best way to do this would be to create a blogger account (private address) and email me the url of your example post. You can also email me the content/images.

I'm not giving any length requirement but I am judging on quality, thoughtfulness, and presentation. Grammatically correct sentences with no spelling errors is a plus. Spelling errors should not happen in this day in age but grammar is another thing. This can be easily fixed by simply reading over your post several times. I know I make plenty of spelling or grammar mistakes, but tend to catch most of them with multiple read-overs.

In summary:
-Create a blog post that will be displayed on our site with you as a guest author
-Will be judged by me
-Quality
-Thoughtfulness / Creativity
-Relation between an anime experience and your own life
-Spelling/Grammar

If you don't win the prize, I may still consider posting your story/article with your consent and credit to you. However, keep in mind in order to win the prize you must be okay with your article going live. Please include a statement with your submission saying "I don't want my article posted if I don't win the prize" if you feel you don't want your article posted in such an event.  

Activity Contest ($20 USD)

The activity contest will judge how active you are in the community within a specified timeframe (until this contest deadline). This is based on:

-Valid Forum Posts (Worth 1 point)
-Valid Disqus Comments (Worth 2 points)

-In order for a message (forum or disqus) to qualify initially, it must be a minimum of 150 characters.
-Messages containing spam, flaming, forum games or anything not contributing to discussion won't be added to your activity points.
-I will be the judge on whether a comment/post is valid or not. Chances are, if you stick to the rules, and don't abuse the system with spam or worthless messages you will accrue a lot of points.
-Keep in mind that I must be able to tell that your disqus username and forum account are linked (you are the same person). If they don't resemble eachother, I will have a hard time keeping track of people. If for some reason your two usernames are not remotely similar, explain to me in a PM that both accounts are yours.
-For example, let's say you have 10 valid disqus comments and 30 valid forum posts. You have a total of 50 activity points. This is compared to other users and how active they are based on the same criteria.
-The user with the most activity points by the contest deadline, December 31st 2013, will be our winner.
_________________________________________________________________________________

The contest deadline for all three contests is December 31st 2013. All submissions must be received by December 31st 11:59:59 EST (Eastern Standard Time) to qualify. Activity points will stop accumulating at this time as well.

FAQ:

Q: Can I win multiple contests?

You are more than welcome to try for multiple contests if you feel willing. Maybe you are some talented superhuman with a lot of time on their hands. In that case, I say go for it.

Q: How do you accurately gauge activity points?

This is done by verifying Disqus and forum records. It will probably be an excruciating process when it comes to tallying things up, but this depends on the participating members. If one person is clear in the lead, it won't be too difficult. I will try to give a weekly activity point total for top participants in the lead.

Q: I am not sure what anime to include in a blog post or image.

If there is any doubt, just contact me and I will tell you whether or not that title fits our criteria.

Q: Can I receive my prize by another method besides Paypal?

No. It doesn't take long to setup a Paypal account. Simply navigate to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and take the 5 minutes to create an account. If you happen to be a contest winner, tell me your paypal account email and I will send your prize earnings there. You can then transfer it to a bank account, shop online with the funds or use it however you like.

Activity points start now so if you have a question, asking in the comments below will be an easy way to start earning. Forum PM's don't count toward the forum total only valid comments and forum posts.

Good luck everyone.
Viserys
Viserys
Admin

http://www.animeinspirations.com/

Back to top Go down